Here at Unity Temple we call people to live out our faith but this does not mean we share the same political or partisan perspective. May we remind one another to honor our own life experience in the development of our unique perspective while honoring that of others. The core of being a religious liberal is remaining open to and respectful of a pluralism of theological positions and political stances. As Unitarian Universalists, we affirm the right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large while also knowing that endorsements or support of particular candidates cannot be part of our congregational process.
Connection + Transformation + Justice + Acceptance
Our relational covenant (adopted by the congregation in April 2023) represents our values and is our promise to each other to build a welcoming, loving, healthy, and trusting congregation. We are also guided by our aspirational covenant that, “love is the doctrine of this congregation.”
- We foster a culture of radical hospitality.
- We build relationships with people across boundaries of race, class, and other identities that divide us.
- We cultivate caring communities for one another.
- We bear witness to love and pain in the world, and respond, individually and collectively, with acts of compassion.
- We nurture and celebrate a sense of wonder within everyone.
- We create opportunities for spiritual deepening, questioning and growth.
- We act in partnership for justice.
- We live our faith in service.