Unity Temple Unitarian Universalist Congregation relies on the generous financial support of individual donors, its members and our friends.
You can also donate by texting 73256 and put in the message UTUUC $___ (the dollar sign ($) followed by your donation amount).
2022 Close the Gap Campaign
Dear Beloved Community – It’s time to pull together and carry our values and vision into the future!
Our UTUUC Community faces new opportunities in this time of renewal and change. We raised an amazing $941,500, which is almost the same pledging total as 2021. However, this was short of our annual fund drive goal. Some of our other sources of income are lower (like tours and rentals), and some of our expenses are higher, due to COVID and ministerial transition costs.
If you can give more, please fill out the Close the Gap Campaign pledge form and return it as soon as possible.
We have accomplished so much; we weathered the pandemic, maintained contact through Zoom and You Tube, continued to connect, kept RE programs going, kept the choir singing, kept active in justice issues, and now we are back in person, maintaining our online presence with a new and ongoing commitment to multiplatform options for worship and small groups.
Help us bring our values and vision into this time. The world needs us so much; we need each other so much. We ask for your renewed effort.
We can do it – Our UTUUC Community CAN STILL
- Help us find deeper meaning, inspire us, and feed our spirits
- Help guide our children, teach forgiveness, gratitude, and love
- Provide connection and support during tragedy
We have taken financial hits but it’s time TO TRANSITION forward
- Tour and rental income have not yet bounced back
- Government subsidies we received came to an end
- Transition costs still remain
We are asking those of you who can TO DIG deeper
- Perhaps you felt less connected due to covid but can make a pledge now that we are together
- Perhaps you can afford to give more this year
- Perhaps you have a Required Minimum Distribution from an IRA you can contribute
Whatever your situation, we ask you TO LOOK deeper
- What does Unity Temple mean to you?
- What has Unity Temple done for you and your family?
- What can Unity Temple accomplish in the future with a foundation of financial strength?
Can we do this for each other? YES WE CAN!
If you have questions, please reach out to members of the board at firstname.lastname@example.org
In gratitude and love,
Your past and current board members,
Rich Pokorny, Duane Dowell and Matthew Bruce
Planned Giving offers a variety of meaningful ways to support our congregation through charitable gifts. Planned gifts can be made by anybody – young and old, working or retired. These commitments are made today but they support the future needs of Unity Temple Unitarian Universalist Congregation.
Advantages of Planned Giving
Some planned gifts provide immediate income tax advantages and possible future savings on estate taxes. Certain gifts provide income to yourself and a family member over time while supporting UTUUC in the future.
Gifts to Consider
- Retirement Plan Assets: UTUUC may accept gifts of retirement plan assets. A donor may withdraw assets from his or her retirement plan and donate such assets to the Congregation. In addition, the Congregation encourages donors to consider designating UTUUC as the beneficiary of their retirement plans.
- Gifts in Trust: UTUUC may accept gifts in trust. A donor may wish to make gifts via a revocable or living trust or via an irrevocable trust such as a Charitable Remainder Trust or a Charitable Lead Trust.
- Bequests: A donor may designate UTUUC as a beneficiary of his or her Will or Living Trust. In so doing, the donor may designate UTUUC as a beneficiary of the donor’s estate upon the donor’s death or at some future date, such as the death of a beneficiary.
- Remainder Interests in Property: UTUUC may accept a gift of a remainder interest in property, including gifts of remainder interests in a personal residence, farm or vacation property.
- Bargain Sales: UTUUC may enter into a bargain sale arrangement in instances in which the bargain sale furthers the mission and values of the Congregation. A bargain sale is a sale of property to the Congregation for an amount less than the property’s current fair market value.
Because tax benefits vary with your specific circumstances, we advise consulting with an attorney, accountant, and/or your financial advisor.
Please consider how you can support UTUUC with a planned gift that is suitable to your needs and charitable objectives.
You can obtain more information about planned gifts by contacting the Planned Giving Team at email@example.com.
Unity Temple Gives
We are committed to living lives of generosity – giving generously of our time and resources to advance our collective vision for the world. One way we do this is by giving away all the money we receive during our Sunday morning collections to non-profit organizations that embody our Unitarian Universalist values. In the past year we’ve contributed over $60,000 in financial support.
Each year members nominate and vote to select which organizations will receive our Sunday collections.
Read a full list of 2022 recipients.
To contribute to Unity Temple’s Sunday collection, please text 73256 with the message UTUUC $____ (dollar sign followed by your donation amount), and select “Offering”. You may also give via Realm or Paypal, or send a check, payable to Unity Temple, noting the weekly recipient on the memo line, to 875 Lake St., Oak Park, 60301, and we will send a collective check on your behalf. Thank you for your generous support!